Skip to main content

Proof of Residency for Unique Living Situations

Unique living situations include but are not limited to:


  • Families living with other families
  • Temporary living situations (i.e. in a shelter, home, motel, hotel for a temporary time)
  • Homelessness
  • Educational Guardianship 


For students living in one of these situations, the student's parent and the person with whom the student is living must contact 


Scott McFadden, Coordinator of Auxiliary Services

Phone Number (903) 839-5570   

Fax number  (903) 839-9296.


and complete an Affidavit of Residency and/or the Authorization Agreement for Voluntary Adult Caregiver. The person with whom they live will be required to show proof of residency.

Acceptable Proof of Residence: 

In the name of the parent or guardian, or the resident of the district 

We require Both:

  • Current gas, electricity or water bill 
  • Current Residential rental/lease agreement/tax statement (if owner of property)

***Lease information must not be more than 6 months old for annual lease or 30 days old for month to month lease.

***The student's parent and the person with whom the student is living must provide a copy of their photo ID. 

Unacceptable Proof of Residence:

  • Mortgage statement
  • U.S. mail
  • Post office change of address
  • Credit card/bank statements
  • Personal taxes
  • Medical bills
  • Payroll checks
  • Auto insurance policy
  • Any proof older than 30 days



The following are the documents that you will need to complete the proof of residency process:



Affidavit of Proof Of Residency Form


Authorization Agreement for Voluntary Adult Caregiver



Return forms to:


FAX - (903) 839-9296



*Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).

 *Fraudulent enrollment of a student under false pretenses is an offense and crime under Texas law.