Skip to main content
- Video & Media Technology
Video & Media Technology
- Pieces from Discovery Education (United Streaming) or textbook materials do not need to be approved.
- Relate all visual media used in instruction directly to the curriculum. Visual media must be included in lesson plans.
- Use visual media for educational purposes only.
- Obtain parental approval if the media’s rating is other than G for elementary, or if it is R rated for secondary.
- Use the Instructional Media Notification/Permission letter if parental approval is needed.
- Preview all visual media before using it with students.
- Prepare an alternative assignment for a student(s) who is not permitted to view a visual media presentation.
- Videos should not be shown on days when a substitute is present.
- Full-length feature films/movies are NOT to be shown in their entirety.