Safety and Security Measures
Controlled access with one point of entry for visitors during the school day
Full-time school resource officers at the high school, the middle school. The elementary schools maintain a roving SRO.
- Officers are armed at all times and keep rifles in locked gun safes.
- Officers are highly trained by the Whitehouse Police Department in collaboration with Whitehouse ISD.
- Security cameras inside and outside schools provide live access to staff and emergency responders.
- WISD security specialists patrol campuses and perform unannounced security checks
- Regular safety drills and training for staff
- Threat Assessment Teams at each campus
- Raptor Visitor Management system
- Criminal background checks on all employees, volunteers, and contractors who work on District property
- Wide-area and local-area networks allow radio communication between staff in the event of an emergency
- SAY SOMETHING anonymous online tip-line for students, parents, teachers, and others to share concerns
- Police offcers encouraged to use school grounds to complete routine paperwork
- Region 7 ESC safety and security audits
Other features of Whitehouse ISD schools:
- Crossings guards direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic at elementary and middle schools, while parking lot attendants assist on high school campuses
- Full-time nurses at each campus have access to medical supplies, protective gear and equipment
- Automated External Defibrillator (AEDs)
- Emergency first aid kits including tourniquets and Stop the Bleed kits
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling program focusing on the whole child, including support for students’ mental, social, and pysical needs
- District has a contract for random visits of K9 interdiction